Gatlinburg, TN is a great place to visit in the winter, as there are plenty of fun outdoor activities to enjoy. Here are a few of my top picks:
- Skiing and Snowboarding: Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort and Amusement Park offers skiing and snowboarding on its slopes.
- Snow tubing: Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort and Amusement Park offers snow tubing, a fun activity for all ages.
- Winter Hiking: The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is open year-round and offers many trails for hiking. Some of the most popular winter hikes include the Alum Cave Trail, the Chimneys Picnic Area and the Ramsey Cascades Trail.
- Visit the Gatlinburg Winter Magic: Gatlinburg Winter Magic is a display of over 3 million lights throughout downtown Gatlinburg, TN. It is a perfect way to get into the winter spirit.
- Visit the Gatlinburg Ice Skating Rink: The Gatlinburg Community Center offers an indoor ice skating rink open to the public during the winter months.
- Visit the The Island Ripleys Aquarium of the Smokies: The Aquarium is open all year round, and it’s a great place to explore and learn about the marine life.